The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien - Review


The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien - Review

'I absolutely loved this book. It is one of the few books which completely absorbs you into the story and makes you wish you lived in the land of the hobbit'




So many people had told how good the hobbit was. But then again, so many people had also told me how bad it was. Yet when I got it for Christmas and started reading it, I was transported to the magical world of Bilbo Baggins, a small hobbit who has a very big part in the adventure to come.

Bilbo Baggins is a small and hairy hobbit, who lives in his comfortable hobbit-hole in bag-end. When a wizard arrives on his doorstep with 13 dwarves, he invites them all in for tea. Little does he know that they are to take him on the biggest adventure of anybody's life, where he will encounter goblins, elves, men who can change into bears and Smaug the Magnificent-a very fierce dragon. Many times he wishes for the safety of his comfortable hobbit hole and at times the only thing which keeps him going is Gandalf's certainty that he will see the company through.
I absolutely loved this book, and I was glad I read it before seeing the film (even though I still haven't seen it) It has an amazing storyline and is certainly a classic. It is one of the few books which completely absorbs you into the story and makes you wish you lived in the land of the hobbit.
I would recommend it to absolutely anyone! I hope those of you that pick it up enjoy reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SreePadmanabhaswamy Temple