Movie Review: ‘The Conjuring’

Despite the fact that I simply couldn’t believe that the horror movieThe Conjuring would be at all scary, I kept hearing from pretty much everyone that it actually is a scary ass movie. But, even after hearing all the good reviews, I still couldn’t find the time to see the movie … until last night. 

I really loved The Conjuring because it managed to scare the HELL out of me without having to be so obvious and expected. It’s not a bloody film, it’s not a gory film … it’s a suspenseful film that manages to hit all the right notes from beginning to end. The Conjuring harkens back to the classic horror films of the 70′s that rely on good storytelling and acting to generate chills. This movie is very reminiscent of The ExorcistPoltergeist andThe Amityville Horror. It also scared me in the same way that The Blair Witch Project did in the late 90′s. That movie didn’t scare some people because they claimed it didn’t “show anything” but most times, that kind of suspenseful horror works best. I’m glad Sarah suggested we go see the movie (she saw it for a second time last night) because I was really impressed and really scared. I absolutely endorse this film … just be warned, you aren’t going to want to go back to a dark, empty home after you see this movie.



                To preorder your DVD'S CLICK HERE





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SreePadmanabhaswamy Temple